6.10.10

The Wick At Both Ends - 5th October 2010.

Once again the Stars In Stripes have been asked to mural a local sheffield bar and spruce it up a bit. Conveniently for me, more so than the other stripes that took part, our theme was based loosely around heraldic design, which is the same theme as my Graduation 1 project at University. WIN! I wasn't particularly confident going in as I've been a little off  with my live art of late and wasn't feeling too perky for other reasons but I seemingly manned up and pulled an absolute B-E-A-U-T out of the bag. (I genuinely impressed myself - favourite piece overall...so far!) Playing along the idea of fox hunting for our other "Woodland" theme, I created a "Vixens" herald by the ladies toilets, with Louise Wheeler creating a "Hounds" piece by the gents. I love my foxes at the moment. Enjoy!




P.S. We've been asked to, on HALLOWEEN, do live art in the Entrance to the Crucible theatre. The artists participating were hand picked from the Stars In Stripes blog. Really proud that we're starting to get some notice. Take a look at the other artists in our collective here.

No comments:

Post a Comment