19.11.09

Nicholas Saunders

This here is one of my favourite illustrators. Influencing me greatly and being my main inspiration to become an illustrator myself. He is influence by the old screen printed rock posters of America as a part of the reaction to the increasingly digital world. There is something just purely fantastic about his work. In essence, it embodies a wonderful reconnection with a process that was very much relied on before the boom in digital design. Even the textures he applies to his digital work shows a maturity and refined decision making skill the reflects this screen printed aesthetic brilliantly. I feel so greatly privileged to have worked with Nick. As I said before, he is one of my biggest influences and being able to have a work placement on Harry Potter, I have a greater appreciation for the work that goes into individuals design in industry. To have a unique style, yet perform highly to a brief and fit the aesthetic of something so unique as HP is a very difficult task.

One of the designs for the set of "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince"



A screen printed book based on the poems of Edward Lears.




This was a 50 print run of "Thomas Midgley Jr" an American inventor and chemist, said to have had more impact on the environment than that of any other organism in history ever.

He's not bad for a snot nosed little gobshite is he!

No comments:

Post a Comment